Archive for March, 2010


March 14th, 2010 Comments off
Once again, I don’t know where to start. Once again, so many things happened since my last post therefore I’m not sure in which order I should tell you everything that happened lately.
First of all , I want to thank you from my heart for your help, for everything ! I have managed to raise the amount of money that was lacking, money  needed in order to pay for my transplant. I cannot express how thankful I am.
Also, I want to thank everyone that   made possible the charity concert that took place on the 10th of March, in Jukebox Club. I would like to thank to all of my new gained friends, to the people who organized the event, to all the artists that agreed to sing  for me, and also to the artists who, due to the lack of time and Thank you very much to all my new friends, thank you very much to all those that helped organize the concert , to the artists that accepted to sing for me at this event and to those artists that, due to lack of time and lack of space on the poster,  agreed to participate at  the event as guests.  I would also like to thank to all the media and mass media representatives involved.
Many thanks from the bottom of my heart to all of you who attended this event and thank you so much CRISTINA ! But this is another story !
I will stop for now, otherwise you will tell me that I’m not at the Oscars. But you can imagine how all of this makes me feel, once again.
Now you could say “ ok , you have the money, so  you can do the transplant anytime now” . Well , I wish it would have been that easy. Unfortunately, in the meantime, the disease started to fool around, it’s in progression again as deducted from the Pet-CT scan that  was supposed to be the last examination of that kind before the transplant. And because a transplant made while the disease is in progression would be  uneffective, the doctors decided we need to stop the disease again with two more chemotherapy cycles ( two would be ideal , maximum three) .
Also, the doctors have decided to perform another biopsy, to reconfirm the diagnosis, before the transplant . A reasonable measure considering the fact that my disease doesn’t react quite tipically, so it has to be checked before every big step. I was diagnosed in august 2008, they reconfirmed the diagnosis in 2009 through another biopsy ( two histopathologists confirmed the diagnostic independently) and now they want, again, recent certainty.
Last night I was discharged from the  clinic where I underwent surgery  on Wednesday, surgery performed in order to extract a suspect lymph node that will be used for a new histopathology  analysis . Here it takes one week for the results to be ready.
I am feeling ok after the surgery , they have a brilliant surgeon here . It’s his fourth surgery performed on me , with no after-surgery complications and with almost no visible scars ( not that I would care about that right now, but in a few years , while on the beach, it will matter ! J )
So basically the plan is as follows :
–         We have to wait till Wednesday or Thursday for the  wound to heal ( I have a drain – a tube and a plastic bottle with a vacuum – responsible for collecting the lymphatic and interstitial  liquid until healing , in order to avoid any complications) .
–         On Wednesday or on Thursday , depending on the surgeon’s recommendation, I will start the first round of chemotherapy – three days will be spent in the hospital , two consecutive ones and another one on the 8th day of the chemotherapy round.  I will be going through two rounds of chemotherapy after which we will
–         Re-evaluate the situation based on a clinical exam, ultrasounds and, if necessary, a MRI.   As soon as the disease will be stopped from progression we’ll get to the
–         TRANSPLANT
We hope and we estimate that all should take around two months, considering the fact that one chemo round lasts between 3 weeks and a month , depending on how fast the cells recover after chemotherapy.
You are probably wondering “what if the disease doesn’t stop”. If the disease doesn’t stop, we’ll use another type of chemo. There are two alternative chemo treatments that proved to be effective in my current situation. The disease is at first sensitive to the chemotherapy, and because of that we’ll do everything in an alert pace, in order have the best results. And besides that, THE DISEASE WILL STOP !
Enough, I won’t  bother you any longer with technical details.
Until now I avoided to post about this stage of the treatment on the blog because I wanted to make sure that from a legal point of view it won’t negatively affect my medical file that’s being reviewed by the Public Health Committee. I have analyzed the current situation, together with doctors, friends and colleague  lawyers and we came to the conclusion that my file is, from a medical and legal point of view, beyond any form of criticism. Accordingly, I have told you the story and I’m waiting, along with my friends and with you beside me, the Committee’s response.
I end my story here, not before I’ll make the ferm promise to keep you updated and to do everything in my power in order to win the battle against this disease, as well as you did everything you could to help me in this battle !
Thank you!


March 13th, 2010 Comments off
Iar nu stiu de unde sa incep! Iar s-au petrecut foarte multe lucruri de cand nu am mai postat si nu stiu care este ordinea in care ar trebui povestite.
Intai imi doresc sa va multumesc din suflet pentru ajutor, pentru tot! Am reusit sa strang suma care imi mai lipsea pentru a putea plati transplantul. Nu am cuvinte sa va multumesc cu adevarat!
De asemenea, multumesc din suflet celor care au facut posibil concertul caritabil din seara zilei de 10 martie, in Jukebox Club. Le multumesc mult prietenilor pe care i-am castigat, multumesc din suflet celor care au organizat, multumesc artistilor care au acceptat sa cante pentru mine si acelor artisti care, din lipsa timpului si a spatiului pe afis, au venit in calitate de invitati. Multumesc reprezentantilor media si mass media implicati.
Va multumesc din suflet dumneavoastra, celor care ati participat la eveniment, si multumesc din suflet CRISTINA! Dar aceasta este o alta poveste!
Ma opresc pentru ca veti spune ca nu sunt la Oscar, va puteti imagina ce este in sufletul meu, inca o data!
Ati spune acum “ok, deci poti face transplantul in orice moment, pentru ca ai banii”. Ei bine, mi-ar fi placut sa fie asa. Insa, din pacate, intre timp boala a inceput iar sa isi faca de cap, este iar in progresie, asa cum a rezultat din examinarea Pet-Ct care trebuia sa fie ultima de acest fel inainte de transplant. In consecinta, pentru ca un transplant facut in timp ce boala este in progresie, ar fi ineficient, medicii au decis ca este nevoie sa oprim iar boala cu inca doua cicluri de chimioterapie (doua ar fi ideal, maximum trei).
De asemenea, au decis medicii sa facem o noua biopsie, pentru a reconfirma diagnosticul, inainte de transplant. Este o masura logica. Dat fiind faptul ca boala mea nu reactioneaza chiar standard, o verifica de fiecare data. M-au diagnosticat in august 2008, au confirmat diagnosticul printr-o noua biopsie in aprilie 2009 (s-au pronuntat doi specialisti histopatologi, separat), iar acum vor, din nou, certitudini recente.
Concret, aseara am fost externata din clinica unde am fost supusa miercuri unei noi interventii chirurgicale, extirpandu-se un ganglion limfatic suspect, ganglion care va constitui materialul pentru o noua analiza histopatologica. Rezultatele biopsiei vin aici cam intr-o saptamana.
Sunt ok dupa operatie, au aici un chirurg genial. Este a patra interventie chirurgicala pe care o realizeaza avandu-ma ca materie prima, fara complicatii si fara urme usor vizibile (nu ca acesta ar fi neaparat un aspect care sa ma intereseze acum, dar in anii urmatori, pe plaja, va conta 🙂 ).
Prin urmare, planul este urmatorul :
– asteptam pana miercuri sau joi inchiderea ranilor (am si o drena pe care o port cu mine – furtun plus borcan plastic cu vacuum – care este responsabila cu colectarea lichidului limfatic si a celui interstitial pana la vindecarea pe dinauntru, evitand complicatiile),
– miercuri sau joi, daca vom avea ok –ul chirurgului, incep chimioterapia – trei zile de internare, doua consecutive si una in ziua 8 a ciclului de chimioterapie. Voi face doua astfel de cicluri, dupa care
– vom reevalua pe baza de examen clinic, ultrasunet si, daca va fi necesar, RMN. Imediat ce se va constata ca boala nu mai este in progresie, vom trece la
Speram si estimam perioada asta la aproximativ doua luni, un ciclu de chimioterapie avand trei saptamani sau o luna, in functie de cat de repede isi revin celulele dupa chimioterapie.
Va veti intreba poate “si daca boala nu se opreste?”. Daca boala nu se opreste, vom schimba chimioterapia cu alt tip, dispunand de cel putin doua variante care s-a demonstrat ca functioneaza in situatia in care ma aflu eu. Initial, boala este sensibila si reactioneaza la chimioterapie, de aceea vom face totul mitraliat, pentru a o prinde in perioada de raspuns la tratament. In plus, BOALA O SA SE OPREASCA!
Gata, nu va mai bat la cap cu detaliile tehnice.
Pana acum am evitat sa povestesc despre aceasta etapa pe blog, pentru ca am vrut mai intai sa analizez, din punct de vedere juridic, in ce fel pot influenta negativ aceste informatii dosarul depus la Directia de Sanatate Publica. Am analizat, impreuna cu alti medici si impreuna cu prieteni si colegi avocati si am ajuns la concluzia ca dosarul meu este atat din punct de vedere medical, cat si din punct de vedere juridic, mai presus de orice critica. In consecinta, v-am expus povestea si astept, impreuna cu prietenii mei si impreuna cu dumneavoastra, raspunsul Comisiei abilitate.
Inchei aici, cu promisiunea ferma de a va tine la curent si de a face tot ce tine de mine pentru a invinge boala asta, asa cum dumneavoastra ati facut tot ce ati putut pentru a ma ajuta in lupta mea!
Categories: 0. UPDATES PAGE Tags:

Va multumesc din suflet! – Suma stransa la data de 12.03.2010

March 13th, 2010 Comments off




March 8th, 2010 Comments off
Miercuri, 10 martie, ora 21, Jukebox Club, Concert caritabil.
On Wednesday, 10 th of March, 9PM, Jukebox Club, Charity concert.
Vor canta : Alexandrina, Nicu Covaci, Ovidiu Lipan-Tandarica, Bogdan Bradu, Ionut Contras, HiQ, Artanu, Byron, Silent Strike, Trupa Jukebox, Pasager, Marfar, Popas, Daniel Lazar, Coyote Chicks.
Will be performing : Alexandrina, Nicu Covaci, Ovidiu Lipan-Tandarica, Bogdan Bradu, Ionut Contras, HiQ, Artanu, Byron, Silent Strike, Trupa Jukebox, Pasager, Marfar, Popas, Daniel Lazar, Coyote Chicks.
Pretul biletului – 30 lei.
The price for one ticket is 30 lei.
Biletele se pot achizitiona in ziua evenimentului la Jukebox Club si Restaurant sau la intrarea in sala.
Toate incasarile din bilete vor fi donate pentru achitarea TRANSPLANTULUI MEU 🙂
All the money raised from selling the tickets will be donated for paying MY TRANSPLANT. 🙂 
Va asteptam cu drag! Va asiguram ca o sa fie UN CONCERT PENTRU O VIATA!
We are warmly waiting for you to join us! We want to assure you it’s going to be A LIFEGIVING CONCERT!
Cristina Dinu si PRIETENII
Cristina Dinu and FRIENDS
Un eveniment organizat de Club si Restaurant Jukebox.
An event organized by Jukebox Club and Restaurant.
Parteneri : Asociatia M.A.M.E, Phoenix Transsylvania, Eventim, Coyote Cafe si byron Management.
Partners : Asociatia M.A.M.E, Phoenix Transsylvania, Eventim, Coyote Cafe and byron Management
Parteneri media: Radio 3 Net si
Media partners : Radio 3 Net si

Concert Caritabil pe youtube aici.

Categories: 0. UPDATES PAGE Tags:

UPDATE 2nd of march

March 3rd, 2010 Comments off

I think I got my good share of luck. I always liked to think this way, even during these past 2 years and I have my reasons to say that.
One of those reasons would be that, as you probably already noticed, a week and a half ago I only had 15 000 EUR out of the total amount of 80 000 EUR so much needed for the transplant.
I was already picturing myself having to discuss with the doctors the possibility of delaying the transplant which, in normal conditions, would had meant a delay of a at least one month , meaning the time needed for another patient to make a transplant and to recover .
Now I have 62 000 out the total of 80 000 needed.
I cannot express how happy I was when I saw that you didn’t give up when the odds of collecting the entire amount were dropping! And I thank you for that!

The second reason for considering myself lucky is that while I was already seeing myself telling the doctors that I will delay the payment hence the delay of the transplant, having to face a “that’s fine, but we’ll put another patient into the transplant procedure, until you are ready” which can be translated in a delay of at least one month, I was surprised when the doctors brought me, one day ago, without any intervention from my side, some good news. We have to delay initiating the procedure for a couple of days until some of the test results are available to them. This delay was due to a very busy period they are going through at the Pet-CT department, thus they managed to make an appointment only for yesterday at 5 PM. So, another chance to get all the money in time.
Sure, they can tell me anytime in the following days like “Here are the results. Let’s talk and then have the transplant “…if I have the money into the hospital’s account. If not, I might have to face the delay I was talking about, which I really wouldn’t want or need to happen.

I wanted to let you know that I managed to extend the time period during which I can receive donations by sms using all of the three mobile phone operators until the 14th of March. Romtelecom phone numbers are also still available. These methods of donating are only available from Romania.
I want to thank you for everything! For your good thoughts, for forwarding to your friends my emails and my problems, for forwarding my cry for help! Thank you so much!
I am still 18 602 EUR short. I might need them tomorrow or on Friday… I’m not sure when…
All I know is that I still need a helping hand. And I know that you will lend it to me.

On a different topic, I have to say that……I finally got home! After 10 month of staying in Vienna forced by the undertaking treatment and its follow-ups, I got to see my room, my cats and my stuff. I didn’t think I would have enough time to fit in again and to feel sorry for having to leave again. But there was enough time for that to happen. The initial plan was to stay for 4 days and I ended staying 10. It was great. Home is home. With all the irony of the situation…thank you, doctor, for saying you had to see me for half an hour.
But since we are already on this subject I have to say that I truly regret the fact that I still have to put up with situations when I need to explain myself to certain people that I went to Vienna not because I was a spoiled kid, that it wasn’t for the “luxurious accommodations” over there that I decided to go back and forth Bucharest-Vienna from August 2008 until April 2009 and then to decide to stay in Vienna starting with April 2009 until present. It’s not ok to have your family close to you only by making them sacrifice their day to day life. Everything seems so …broken, believe me! Sure, it’s a nice city, very civilized, clean, but you don’t get the chance to find any joy in that, I assure you. You only feel that huge frustration coming from the fact that you are, against your will, banished from your own country. It wasn’t only the cancer that “suspended” my life, it was also the fact that I cannot get the appropriate treatment in my own country, closer to what I call “home”. So, please, before you start blaming me just try to walk a mile in my shoes!

To end this discussion in the same manner I always have, I thank you all for everything and wish you a beautiful, healthy and colorful spring! I wish the same for myself but for the next spring!

Kind regards
Cristina Dinu

PS – The doctors had to finally admit that this transplant procedure cannot be performed in our country, and now the authorities have to admit the same thing as well. I owe you this info but, without getting into details, I assure you that I did everything that could have been done and I would had never asked for your help before I knew for sure that I cannot count on the authorities to aprove my request and pay for the transplant in time for me to get the procedure done, while there is still time. I will keep you posted!